Buddhist teacher, Chögyam Trungpa said, “We cannot change the way the world is, but by opening to the world as it is we may discover that gentleness, decency and bravery are available, not only us but to all human beings.” In order to open to the world, as a leader in business, we recognize that we need to bring new levels of knowledge and awareness to how we operate on a daily basis in our work and in our lives. The qualities necessary for this innovative approach are those emphasized in developing how coaches work with leaders in business.
Professional Coach Training has evolved over the past 25 years. The International Coaching Federation (ICF) has evolved through research and investigation about the profession of coaching to support the growing industry. Coaches trained in the ICF accredited programs have gone on to advance their own practices, specializing in various areas of expertise. One rapidly growing segment is that of Business Focused Coaching.
Business Focused Coaching concentrates on cultivating skills and support for leaders; from energetic entrepreneurs tackling a start-up to Fortune 500 CEO’s. No matter what hurdles or challenges leaders struggle with, business coaches help through listening actively and asking powerful questions, building resilience and confidence with each meeting.
How does Business Focused Coaching differ from other coaching approaches?
- The coach and client work together with the use of evaluation tools or assessments to determine the best process to establish the client’s goals
- The format of the coaching is designed to be flexible for the busy leader to get the best value from the time spent
- The focus is on developing the resources the leader needs to excel in their position
- Clarification of direction, efficient use of assets, both human and financial
- Generating resilience to face the demands of today’s business environment
Erika Andersen, a Forbes Magazine contributor, wrote about 6 ways a business coach can help a leader be more successful:
- Leaders can see themselves more clearly. Self-awareness is demonstrated to increase organizational effectiveness and profitability.
- Seeing others more clearly. We often see managers or leaders have problems because they do not accurately assess those around them, seeing them as better than they are or not recognizing their capacity.
- Learning new ways to respond. More tools in the leader’s toolkit means that leaders can shift their mindset and explore other possibilities.
- Leaders learn how to leverage their existing strengths. Having a coach can help leaders see abilities they may be underestimating.
- Building more productive relationships. We have observed leaders limit their effectiveness by only building relationships with certain people. Creating and vital relationships with a wider variety of individuals increases that productivity.
- Achieving what they want. This is truly the bottom line for any effective coaching engagement. Clarity about goals and dreams, along with an understanding of what is possible to reach them is the foundation of success.
Why should you choose 3D Coaching Academy?
Does Business Focused Coaching sound like the right route for you? Your next step is to find the right Professional Coach Training program. Coaching certification programs differ in their quality and content. Your learning style is important as you compare programs to make the most of the investment in the education you choose. It is critical to understand the research and key education points for coach training organizations. By choosing an ICF accredited coach training, you can be confident that you are getting high quality training.
- Content that is well researched, developed and presented, highlighting current information and trends in business focused coaching.
- Virtual classroom format that emphasizes interaction between students and facilitators, allowing for focused, individual attention and feedback.
- Foundation of training that is deeply based on the ICF Core Competencies, providing the learners with a thorough understanding of coaching as it relates to their interest and direction.
- Practical experience in coaching with clear observation and mentoring from facilitators who have knowledge and understanding of the principles of leadership.
- Flexibility for learners to review recorded classes and have the training available at times that work for busy professionals.
3D Coaching Academy’s Full ACTP Program and Level 1 ACSTH Program have received accreditation from the International Coaching Federation after a comprehensive review of the curriculum and materials presented. Facilitators of the program are required to have an ICF credential and are themselves experienced coaches with many years of dedication to their profession. Classes are deliberately limited to a small number of participants to be assured of the necessary attention to each person. Intentional design for online delivery creates a global classroom, where students have the opportunity to develop an international network.